top of page
Jermaine is a technically sound UX Practitioner with more than a decade of relevant experience and an extensive background in digital marketing. He has a passion for customer-centric innovation which fuels his designs for iOS, iPad, Android and Web Applications. Jermaine has worked with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and Axure RP his entire career and keeps his skills current with the latest cutting-edge software on the market. Jermaine is a process-oriented professional, who's at ease when presenting and discussing projects with clients, developers and stakeholders. He is a fastidious designer with a standard of excellence for delivering quality products.
FRONTSTEPS, Denver, CO
Lead User Experience Designer
September 2022 to present (1yr, 1mos)
CVS, Woonsocket, RI
May 2022 to September (5mos) * Contract
- Responsible for product vision and adopting appropriate research methods for the UX research to implement.
- Developed the quarterly product release roadmap and drove product strategy for POS (Point Of Sale), RxConnect and DUR (Drug Utilization Review) divisions.
- Performed Competitor Analysis to evaluate what competitors in the marketplace are doing well (or not) while identifying knowledge gaps.
- Guiding the UX discovery phase to uncover opportunities through user interviews, journey mapping and contextual inquiry.
- Partnered with PWC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) to increase UX maturity for the Human-Centered Design team by improving relationships and UX education with stakeholders, software development teams, Pharmacists and product teams.
VERIFORCE, Covington, LA
User Experience Consultant
January 2022 to April (4mos) * Contract
- Responsible for re-platforming and overseeing the $30M B2B SaaS product for workers solution, Verisource.
- Introduced new moderated and unmoderated remote usability research testing methods such as Maze and Userlytics.
- Lead a global design team to unearth opportunities and create more user-friendly digital experiences across Veriforce websites and applications.
- Overseeing the learning experience (LX) sector to develop new e-learning products for Complyworks users.
- Created the “Worker Profile” mobile training app for authorized instructors to use to ensure regulatory measures are followed and valid prior to contractors arrival on a job site.
- Used Pendo to generate product activity reports. These reports were critical to develop revenue-generating strategies for client growth.
- Modernized legacy applications to create iOS, Android and Web versions.
- Used Google Analytics to conduct viable quantitative research in addition to A/B Testing.
AFFINITY, West Springfield, MA
UX Lead / Marketing Coordinator
July 2020 to December 2021 (1yr, 7mos)
- Designed products from concept to production for the leading medical marijuana dispensary in New England, working primarily on Affinity's mobile app while creating marketing collateral for new products.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and presentations.
- Worked within an agile software development process.
- Worked hands on with the development team daily, assisting with HTML implementation.
- Created interactive components for input fields and hover buttons with variants in Figma using auto-layout.
- Responsible for creating iOS and Android designs for the Affinity Mobile app, while using PHP and CSS to develop the interactive Affinity website.
WALGREENS, Windsor CT
Principal Product Designer
July, 2015 to April 2020 (4yrs, 10mos)
- Led a cross-functional development team within an agile setting while using Jira to track potential issues during 2 to 4 week long design sprints.
- Spearheaded rebranding designs for the $139.5 billion dollar acquisition of the Walgreens/Boots Alliance.
- Entrusted by Walgreens area director Valeriy Novokhatskyy to partner with the marketing department to create new logo designs that are compliant with branding guidelines.
- Planned and implemented the overall user research strategy and methods for walgreens.com website.
- Converted leads to opportunities using the CRM software service Salesforce.
- Used Figma to create a scalable Design System that included typography scales, color schemes and spacer components to improve end-to-end communication with Developers.
EFFEN VODKA, New York, NY
UX Designer / SEO Specialist
September 2015 to November 2016 (1yr, 3mos)
- Tasked with creating the visual hierarchy of effenvodka.com website.
- Used Sketch to develop neumorphic animations for select buttons, drop tabs and contact page.
- Created and designed social media marketing assets to facilitate promotional efforts of the Effen Vodka $10 million dollar marketing campaign with Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.
- Marketing collateral was utilized on 50 Cents verified Instagram account which has 26.8 million followers.
TYLER PERRY STUDIOS, Atlanta, GA
User Interface Designer
May 2012 to May 2014 (2yrs, 1mo)
- Conducted several rounds of usability research for tylerperry.com website.
- Created responsive user interface for perry-foundation.org
- Assigned to produce visuals for product placement throughout Tyler Perry's $907 million dollar theatrical plays.
- Used Sketch to establish style guides for the design team to reference while creating website UI.
- Established correct font size and for Mobile and Web UI in accordance with company branding.
G-UNIT RECORDS, New York, NY
Graphic Designer / Social Media
Dec 2010 to April 2012 (1yr, 5mos)
- Responsible for all in-house and client digital marketing and design.
- Drafted press releases, media advisories and fact sheets.
- Developed media press kits for G-Unit recording artist Hot Rod.
- Created graphic imagery for G-Unit recording artist Prodigy's music video "Illuminati" using Adobe Photoshop.
Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects, Creative Suite, Acrobat, Unity, InVision, Miro, Canva, Zeplin, Axure RP, Jira, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Pendo, Maze
Harvard Business School
Design Thinking and Innovation
Western Governors University
Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA
bottom of page